DESCRIPTION // Design a brochure in InDesign for the previous company that you have branded.
- I started by drawing out some ideas for the layout of my brochure.
- Then I opened InDesign and created 3 columns.
- I added in my logos and brand designs, followed by pictures for my company.
- For my writing, I had to align it and fix the proximity.
- I then created the hexagon shape to put my description in in Illustrator and then transferred it over.
- I did this for both the front and the back of the brochure.
- I then printed it out and took pictures and exported them as JPEGS.
CRITIQUE PROCESS // In class, I met with 3 other students and they looked out my first draft of my brochure. It was still a pretty rough draft so I already had in mind that I was gonna change a lot. They gave me lots of good feedback about my work. They mentioned that I should add some different shapes or elements so it wasn’t so boxy, and that I should change up the inside so it is not all the same. I ended up starting completely over because I was not happy with my first piece. I kept their comments in mind and added different shapes and made the inside completely different. It was really nice getting other’s thoughts on my work.
MESSAGE // To capture videos of special moments in life such as engagements, weddings, and births.
AUDIENCE // Couples ages 18-35.
TOP THING LEARNED // The most valuable thing i learned was how to use InDesign better. It was so confusing to me at first because I was sued to using Illustrator. But after watching several videos I really got the hang of it. I also learned that sometimes you just have to start from scratch on your whole design to get a final project that you are pleased with.
COLOR SCHEME // black, peach, lilac, mint, & white
TITLE FONT & CATEGORY // (logo) Paduka / Script
COPY FONT AND CATEGORY // Baskerville / Serif
THUMBNAILS OF USED IMAGES //
IMAGE SOURCE //