- I first found a talk and thought of an idea that I wanted to do for the magazine and then I sketched it out.
- Then, since the talk was about temples, I went to the temple and took some pictures.
- I then edited the pictures on Photoshop and adjusted the brightness and contrast.
- I then did the layout of the magazine using InDesign. I did the formatting of the paragraphs and added in all of my pictures.
- For the cover I had to put the image of the whole page and then do the title. Then I went back to photoshop and selected the temple away from the background. I added in that selection so the temple would go over the title.
- I added different colors and lines to the magazine to give it a more creative feel.
- Then I printed out my project, made some adjustments and printed the final version out.
What I Learned:
It is so hard formatting magazines!! I can’t tell you how long I stared at the page trying to think of creative ideas for formatting. Also once I would think of something new, I would want to change the whole thing. So I learned that creating multiple drafts is very important!! Also, I was still having trouble using InDesign so my knowledge and usage of that greatly increased as well.
Target Audience: Latter-Day Saints ages 10-90
Message: The importance of temples and their meaning.